Founded in 1996, this is the official website for Audie Murphy. This image is copyrighted © 2010, by D. Phillips. All rights reserved. Used by written permission.

Audie L. Murphy Memorial Website Message Boards

[ Website Main Page ]
[ Message Center ] [ Guestbook ]
[ Audie Murphy Medal of Freedom Petition ]
This image is copyrighted © 2010, by D. Phillips. All rights reserved. Used by written permission. Founded in 1996, this is the official website for Audie Murphy.

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Audie Murphy Statue
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:55 pm 
Occasional User

Hi,

I bought this about 6 months ago. I didn't know these existed until I saw it at a gun show. Hope you enjoy seeing this.

http://lmd-militaria.com/page0269.htm

Regards, Leon

Post subject: Re: Audie Murphy Statue
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:14 pm 
Devoted & Reliable Fan

Leon:

You can still purchase one of the small statues at the Audie Murphy/American Cotton Museum in Greenville,Tx. Youcan also see the 12' statue.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:29 pm 
Occasional User

Hi Larry,

I had heard that they had 2 statues still for sale at the Cotton Museum.

In the web page that I posted a link to, at the top, there is another link that shows pictures of the statue in front of the Cotton Museum. I was there about 4 years ago and took those pictures.

Thanks for the reply.

Regards, Leon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:30 am 
Most Esteemed Researcher, Trustworthy Scholar, and Devote Audie Fan

Leon wrote:
Hi Larry,

In the web page that I posted a link to, at the top, there is another link that shows pictures of the statue in front of the Cotton Museum. I was there about 4 years ago and took those pictures.

Thanks for the reply.

Regards, Leon

Hi again Leon. I was at the dedication of the large statue at the Museum. It was so exciting after waiting for so long for it to be finished to finally see them pull the cover from the statue and see it for the first time. It is so beautiful and looks just liked Audie. Many of us on the board were there that day and I think it's safe to say we all love it. I also have a tape of Gordon Thomas as he made the statue. It's amazing how he did the sculpting and all he did to get the uniform and gun and everything just perfect.

Have you ever been to Audie Days? They're coming up June 24th & 25th and several of us are going to be there. If you live in the Dallas area why don't you try to come? Larry is on the board at the museum and you'd love to see his collection of posters.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:27 am 
Most Esteemed Researcher, Trustworthy Scholar, and Devote Audie Fan

Welcome aboard, Leon! That's some great detailing on the statue-glad you drew attention to it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:24 am 
Occasional User

Betty wrote:
Leon wrote:
Hi Larry,

Thanks for the reply.

Regards, Leon

Hi again Leon. I was at the dedication of the large statue at the Museum. It was so exciting after waiting for so long for it to be finished to finally see them pull the cover from the statue and see it for the first time. It is so beautiful and looks just liked Audie. Many of us on the board were there that day and I think it's safe to say we all love it. I also have a tape of Gordon Thomas as he made the statue. It's amazing how he did the sculpting and all he did to get the uniform and gun and everything just perfect.

Have you ever been to Audie Days? They're coming up June 24th & 25th and several of us are going to be there. If you live in the Dallas area why don't you try to come? Larry is on the board at the museum and you'd love to see his collection of posters.

Hi Betty,

I have been to the museum but have not been to the Audie Murphy Days before. I had planned to attend last year but a problem at home kept me away. I do plan to attend at least one day this year. If you would like to contact me email me at leon.despain AT verizon.net and I will reply with my cell phone number.

Regards, Leon